Sunday, July 11

Hump Ahead

 (Source)

We've been suffering the turbulence of life's little "humps" for the last few weeks, and while the sign above says that they end in 350 yards, I'm beginning to think they're measuring them wrong.  For me, it seems that when life problems pop up along the roadway of daily living, it is really easy to just say, "Fudge it," and hit the drive-thru instead of hitting the yoga/track/Wii Fit/cardio-anything.  This past week has been one of those times in particular, and I fear to say that the last few days I have really fallen off the "Get Fit" bandwagon.

After torturing M yesterday with yoga, we decided to return to the familiar track since today it was only in the mid-80's instead of the mid 90's.  Getting out and getting moving really felt great, although my calves and shins cursed me for skipping out on long walks for the last 6 days.  I also felt the lethargy left over from fries and pizza, the sad stress eating fare of the last couple of days.

As I said to M at the end of my 2nd mile (inlcuding jogging at least one turn on 5 of the laps!), my body just can't handle the grease and grime of take-out meals any more.  A couple of years of lean eating has changed the way my body reacts to fatty foods, and the results are almost immediately apparent when I eat poorly.  I won't go into the nitty-gritty details with you, but I will say that I'm looking forward to having a light dinner of fruit and a sandwich instead of a full spread of deep-fried comfort food.

So, all that said, I am determined to get back into the groove come hell or high-water.  Or maybe low-water... I have a fear of deep amounts of H2O!

  Eat This Not That! Restaurant Survival Guide: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution Eat This Not That! The Best (& Worst!) Foods in America!: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution

No comments:

Post a Comment