Thursday, August 5

John Spencer Ellis.... We Meet Again

Although I have a habit of trying something new each time I work out, for day 9 of the 10 Pound Slimdown challenge I headed back to John Spencer Ellis's 20 Min. Lower Body Workout / Real Housewives 1.  Although M and I have enjoyed a wide variety of trainers and exercises this last week, the Real Housewives workouts (there is an upper body workout also) have been some of our favorites.

Not only does it help to be working out while watching a good looking man (rawr!) instead of staring at some peppy stick-thin woman with perfect abs and latex-hugged glutes, but the routines themselves are great.  John has put together a workout that is methodical instead of jarring, allowing you to really focus on the muscles that are supposed to be doing all the work.  It's great to be able to close your eyes and feel your body moving and to be able to feel when your posture is off or your balance is starting to go off kilter.

I have noticed that the more I workout the more sweat seems to accumulate on the insides of my elbows, on the back sides of my knees, on my scalp and under my bra-line.  I suppose that means this whole exercise thing is really getting into swing and my body is switching into "fit" mode.  I read an article recently (it's been out for a year but I only just stumbled upon it) that mentions fit people may actually sweat more than people who are out of shape.  That makes one more notch on the fitness totem pole!

So to John, I raise my glass of water and would like to say: Thanks for being gorgeous and while I hate to admit it being a fan of crappy reality tv, I love your appearance on this damn show:
The Real Housewives of Orange County - Season One

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this workout and like you I am noticing that as I work more on my posture during the exercise routines and am able to be more flexible and have better balance that I too am sweating more which is a really good feeling and I notice muscles that I haven't used in a long time. I like your writing style and the way you describe things. I enjoy reading your blogs. thanks. M

    ReplyDelete