Monday, August 16

10 Days Left!

Day 20 of the 30 day 10 Pound Slimdown Challenge... can you believe it?  It seems like we've been at this exercise thing forever, and at the same time it feels as if its just begun.  It is really satisfying to be able to look at the 30 day calendar and see so many days crossed off the list.  That's progress!

Today's focus was Upper Body and Lower Body.  We went back to "Sexy John" (John Spencer Ellis as he is formally known) for his Real Housewives workouts part One and Two.  The workout left me tired, sweaty but not completely out of sorts, and although I've increased the weight I'm working with I didn't feel like I was going to keel over at the end of them.  I dare say that I am stronger than I was 20 days ago, and my biceps echo that sentiment.

In addition to the upper/lower workouts, M and I headed out into the back yard for about 45 minutes of gardening.  This too has miraculously become easier than it was at the beginning of the summer.  It's like magic!

The only hiccup with the yard work came when I pulled on a large thick vine of blackberry bush that looked like it was going to try to strangle the cat and down came a large clump of what looks to have once been a bird's nest or perhaps the leg of a long-forgotten wood nymph fell from high up in one of the trees that the bushes have consumed on the other side of the fence.  I eyed it suspiciously and poked it with a stick before Pooch came over, sniffed and ate it.  At least it didn't fall on me, even though I am pretty sure it is going to give Pooch gas and so I'll be paying for the discovery later on this evening.

Happily, day 21 of the workout program is a day off, so you wont' be hearing from me again until Wednesday.  Enjoy your Tuesday, and I hope you are finding all the success and drive you desire in your own workouts!

Sunny Health & Fitness 25 Lbs. Adjustable Chrome Dumbbell

No comments:

Post a Comment