Wednesday, August 18

Whether the Weather be Cold or Whether the Weather be Hot...

Finally today the temperature has dropped below "Hellfire" and life is taking on a much more comfortable pace.  This morning I opened up all the windows to let the weird smell made by Air Conditioning out of the house and let the fresh smell of roasted Hazelnuts waft in through the window.  Mmmm that smells good.

It's been a pretty industrious day, made easier by the break in the weather.  The morning was spent cleaning house, doing laundry and washing the car.  The afternoon brought exercise focusing on the Core and Total Body from the 10 Pound Slimdown program.  And here's how it all went:

The House: I don't know what the deal is, but I swear I deep clean the house and woodland fairies follow me from room to room and blow dust, leaves, cat hair and dirt clods all over the places I just cleaned.  I swear I'm cleaning with my eyes open and I'm using both hands... what's going on over here?!?

The Laundry: There really isn't much to say about laundry, aside from that it takes forever and I can't imagine doing all this washing by hand like they did back at the day.  I don't think I'd allow anyone I live with to have this many changes of clothes if I had to haul all this stuff down to the river and scrape it against rocks to get it clean.

The Car: This is probably the first time I've washed the car by hand in three or four years.  I forgot how cathartic it can be, and how nice it feels to have water trickle on your toes on a warm day.  Now if only I could get the inside to be clean... a project for another day.

The Workout: M and I decided to try a couple of different workouts today.  For the Core workout, we chose to give Pilates a try with Nicole Stewart's Total Body Pilates (it said it was an ab workout...).  I haven't really done a lot of Pilates before, and the workout was as relaxing as it was invigorating.  I had a hard time keeping focus on what moves we were supposed to be doing... I kept wanting to take a nap during the "rest" poses, and my mind kept wandering because Nichole reminds me of Glinda in the musical Wicked.  I have no idea why my mind sees the two as being the same... but there's something there.

For the Total Body portion of the workout, we did Red Carpet Body with Jennifer Gilardi.  Jennifer did a great job of covering all the basics in a very low-impact routine, and M and I both were thankful for the break from jumping around the living room.  In the end we both felt that we got our workouts without feeling like we overdid it!

Wicked: The Grimmerie, a Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Hit Broadway Musical Wicked (2003 Original Broadway Cast)

No comments:

Post a Comment