Thursday, September 30

Around the World

M and I headed back out to 24 Hour Fitness this morning for another trip around the gym.  Both of us were feeling a little tired/sore/achy/unmotivated/wishing we were still snuggled beneath the soft warmth of bed, and so it took all the strength and pep-talking we could muster to get to it.

Luckily, once M STOMPED ME at a game of Around the World in 24 Hour Fitness's full-sized basketball court, she suddenly picked up steam and away we went!  We tried out some new machines today that even M hadn't tried before, working out our backs, deltoids, biceps and the back sides of our thighs.  We managed the strange "I'm-going-to-fold-you-in-half-and-eat-you" ab machine, and then I tried the crunch station with a 10lb weight (I'm not now sure why I thought that was a good idea... but it sounded good at the time).  We also made it over 10 minutes on the stationary bike, which is roughly 10 minutes longer than any bike ride I might have taken in the last year!

Now I'm less sleepy but physically tired, sore in more places than I was this morning, not as achy, slightly more motivated to tackle the rest of my to-do list and somehow have managed to talk myself out of going back to bed.  Working out with M is both more fun, and more intensive than the workouts I sampled at Curves and I'm glad that I'm getting the opportunity to try out some new machines and routines because I was starting to get bored with the 30 minute circuit.

Now it's just a matter of time before my body starts changing some more.  *News Flash* This week I had to tighten my belt a notch when I noticed my pants were starting to sag!

CamelBak BPA-Free Better Bottle with Classic Cap,Grey,1 LiterNALGENE Tritan Grip-N-Gulp BPA-Free Water Bottle,Slate BlueNathan Stainless Steel 700 ml Flip Straw Bottle (Black Matte Soft Touch)

No comments:

Post a Comment