Thursday, September 9

Taking It Easy... One Step At A Time

Still not feeling totally up to par, I spent most of the day cuddling with Pooch and getting as much sleep as possible.  I got to a point this evening where sleep was no longer an option, and my stuffy nose and sinus headache had left the building so I suited up and headed out to the track with M and K (and Pooch too).

While I have been proud of my progress so far this summer, M has really taken the weight-loss bull by the horn. She announced when I stopped off for a visit yesterday that she had dropped another two pant sizes!!  Truly great results, and a wonderful example of what someone can do when they are focused on getting in shape.

K, M and I took a leisurely hour long walk this evening, getting two miles of track out of the way without pushing ourselves too hard. This gave us a chance to get caught up on what's been happening in our respective lives over the last week, and for M and K to get a first-hand report on Dragon*Con.

I realized tonight that the clock is ticking, and it's time for me to start ramping up my walking to prepare for my upcoming 10K October 3rd.  I hope that this head cold doesn't linger so I can get rocking!

Run Fast: How to Train for a 5-K or 10-K Race

No comments:

Post a Comment